Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

slow internet on tivo

Results for " Results for "my tivo box in bedroom is hard wired to internet but only gets 2 mbs of data and netflix keeps freezing. if i put my v6 box in its place i get over 100 mbs and have no problem. i tried to get another v6 box but was told i would have to pay £160 for this even though i already pay £144 a month, is this correct?""

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow internet on tivo

Sorry your post isn't very clear - are you reporting a problem with Netflix on your TiVo?

The box has an inbuilt 10Mb/s connection which is plenty fast enough for iPlayer or Netflix HD streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its the Tivo box its self. When i check the netflix internet speed its only 2 mbs. If i put my V6 box in its place then the internet speed is over 100mbs.

I think i need a newer tivo box or a V6 box but im not paying £160 for a swap

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi well if you don't want to pay then you will have to put up with no access to Netflix on the 2nd box. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

From what I can see then, there's 3 choices here...

1: A service that is supported on your TiVo isn't working, that's a service fault. So treat it as a fault and act accordingly. Report it, and insist the fault is resolved. There's no reason VM shouldn't or can't do this.

2: Decide that you want to swap your TiVo for a V6 (but that you're making the choice to), and pay the appropriate charges.

3: If you're outside your minimum 12month term, then speak nicely to Retentions or C/S and see whether they can offer you a V6 as part of a new bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos