Menu
damian_burrin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

remote broken

My remotes died.  I've tried to order a replacement on the website but the link doesn't work.  Is there a simple way to get a replacement without having to spend hours on the phone to then?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: remote broken

Hi @damian_burrin 

The link not working often happens but can usually be easily fixed.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies,try a different browser, or use an incognito window in your browser.

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am to avoid call queues -

if calling faults don't enter yuor password when prompted and the call should be picked up by an agent.

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, but it could be couple of days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
damian_burrin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

damian_burrin_0-1642185717082.png

The link for ordering a new remote is broken

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again @damian_burrin 

It may take Forum Staff a day or two to pick this up for you.

If you do call Faults which will be quicker try first thing on a morning at 8am.

I'vejust  tried in Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers and they are all working for me.

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/order-remote-result 

remote.jpg

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @damian_burrin

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to see the link to order a remote is broken, I'll make sure this is reported back for you.

In the meantime I'm going to send you a pm so I can take your details to help further.

Regards

Nathan

0 Kudos