Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"The PVR has detected a serious problem..."

Hi,

Turned on the tv today to see a green screen with the message, "The PVR has detected a serious problem and is now attempting to fix it.. This will take about 3 hours."

After waiting 5+ hours, the problem still persists. I have done all the obvious stuff like turn it off and on again, and check the cables are all ok.

I have tried contacting VM on the phone but after 2 hours my battery went flat and the phone died.

Does this sound like I need a replacement Tivo - a quick search indicates the HDD has gone - and if so, what is the best way to get this sorted without having to wait in 2+ hour phone queues?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: "The PVR has detected a serious problem..."

As you surmise, this does indeed need a replacement box.

You have 3 choices here:

1: Use the text message service (07533 051809) which might take a few days

2: Wait on here for VM forum staff, might take upto a week

3: Persist in calling through and don't give up until you do. Some people report success calling earlier in the day.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem sorted. I used the text app to contact VM who replied about 2 hours after my original message, and when they realised it needed a bit more than turning it off and on again, and checking all the cables were OK, passed me over to the technical team who replied later that day. They quickly decided it required a new box and an new one was delivered and installed a couple of days later. All good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you're sorted, thankyou for posting back with your update. Nice to read a good news story on here!!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos