Menu
JAH07
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"New" (to me) TiVO Box Problems

Hi,

On the 5th September I had a second box (A TiVO box, not a V6) installed. Since it was installed, the picture/sound quality is very poor. The picture is corrupting and the sound cuts out every few seconds (Similar to watching Sky in very bad weather!). I've done all the recommended steps like checking connections, resetting the box etc, but to no avail. I've also noticed that there is a "clicking" sound coming from the box as though the Hard Drive is struggling. This isn't all the time though.

I thought it might be a signal problem, but my main, V6 box is fine. Picture and sound quality is fine.

I've tried ringing customer support but I have better things to do than to wait for 45 minutes or more only to be cut off and the "Live Chat" feature via the website seems to have disappeared (which doesn't really surprise me!).

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "New" (to me) TiVO Box Problems

@JAH07 wrote:

[snip tale of service fault]

I've tried ringing customer support but I have better things to do than to wait for 45 minutes or more only to be cut off and the "Live Chat" feature via the website seems to have disappeared (which doesn't really surprise me!).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Yep - you can either wait on here for a forum team member to pick this thread up and maybe able to progress your fault by PM. This may well take several days.

Or you can call in to C/S (use speakerphone and get on with something else if necessary), and have the problem dealt with in (most likely) a matter of hours.

It does sound like your box could well be in need of retirement & replacement, in which case.... the sooner it's arranged.....

I sympathise with you that the telephone faults service isn't ideal at the moment.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you swap the two boxes and the fault stays with the box it's a faulty box, if it stays in the same place it's a signal issue 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

JAH07
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just tried that. As soon as I plugged the TiVO box in downstairs, the picture and sound corrupted. Upstairs, so far, the V6 box seems fine. 

Also, last night I was watching a movie On Demand, on the TiVO box. I lost count of the number of 602 - Not Found/Unavailable error messages I received.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAH07,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

My apologies for the TV box issue. I can fully understand the frustration. I'll go ahead and send a PM so I can assist you further,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"