Menu
tommyallan35
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

pixelation

Tivo box pixelates quite badly particularly when we are recording even if we are recording 1 chanel while we watch another the channel we are watching will pixelate and the recording will pixelate when you watch it. I've tried all the connections are tight and ok no issues found

anybody any ideas of a way forward

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: pixelation

By means of narrowing down the fault, does it occur on live TV as well? If so, it's likely a signal fault. If it's only recorded programs, it could be a disk issue.

The resolution is the same in both cases - call Virgin and tell them you have a fault with your TV service. Explain your issue and let them resolve it - most likely by arranging an engineer visit.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tommyallan35,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Are you continuing to have these issues? If so please do let me know so I can private message you and investigate this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
tommyallan35
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes still having this issue now breaking up and pixelating on most channels

0 Kudos
tommyallan35
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes Martin still having the issue and it has started pixelating on live tv. had an engineer out a couple of weeks ago when we first moved in and he said it was a good strong signal so not sure whats up

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tommyallan35,

thank you for your response. We will follow up right away with a PM so we can have a further look into this for you as well as running through some security questions.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Lainco
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue. CNN and Sky News are particularly bad. I did contact Virgin Media today (regarding no Wi Fi and TV pixilation)and was told re the wifi it would take a further 48 hours. Not good considering this outage is an ongoing issue.

As to the pixilation this has been going on since last week.

Please advise what the issue is and how exactly this can be resolved...both WiFi and TV

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Lainco wrote:

I am having the same issue. CNN and Sky News are particularly bad. I did contact Virgin Media today (regarding no Wi Fi and TV pixilation)and was told re the wifi it would take a further 48 hours. Not good considering this outage is an ongoing issue.

As to the pixilation this has been going on since last week.

Please advise what the issue is and how exactly this can be resolved...both WiFi and TV

Thanks

The solution to the vast majority of pixellating TV issues is..... calling Virgin, reporting a fault, and getting an engineer visit.

You've not said whether your "WiFi" issue is a problem with the broadband itself, or your WiFi router - but you may get specific help with that, in the broadband forum... https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Broadband/ct-p/Broadband

If it's a combined issue with your broadband & TV signal, then all the more reason to call Virgin and tell them. You will almost certainly need an engineer appointment to resolve it.

0 Kudos
taylormo
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Constant pixelation mostly on HD channels. Have rung Virgin several times. All they do is check for faults say nothing  can be found. Do not seem to want to send engineer am seriously considering switch to sky althogh do not really want to as virgin have been good up to now i

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd love to listen to one of these calls where customers report TV problems and call-centre agents are apparently saying "but there's no issue".

The curious side of me would love to know whether the agent is being dismissive and effectively saying to customers "I can't solve it so I don't care", or if customers aren't making the point "I'm paying for a service that you're not providing, please resolve it or find someone who can".

Or are VM somehow restricting or discouraging engineer visits, and hoping they get away with it...

The answer has to lie somewhere inbetween these scenarios!!

0 Kudos