Menu
VicFord
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

pixelating TV

Hi all, First timer here

My TV has been pixelating on all channels since before Christmas. When I record, the pixelation also records and plays back at exactly the same time. In my opinion, this would suggest that the issue is with the signal coming into the tivo box or the box itself and not the signal from the tivo box to the TV ie; HDMI cable. Correct me if I'm wrong....

I have called up, If I do get through to someone, they just go through the motions "switch it off and on again, check the cables" I've done all that and it makes no difference. Can anyone help with this please as it's getting boring now.

Thank you....

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: pixelating TV

You're correct to believe that pixellation on live TV is caused by a signal fault, and if a reboot hasn't solved it, you either need a replacement box or engineer visit.

@VicFord wrote:

I have called up, If I do get through to someone, they just go through the motions "switch it off and on again, check the cables" I've done all that and it makes no difference. Can anyone help with this please as it's getting boring now.

What did the faults agent say when you told them you've already tried this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VicFord
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.

They did set up a visit from an engineer back in December. The engineer phoned to say he's about half an hour away but when I told him the problem, he agreed that it's most probably the box and he didn't have a replacement. As the TV was performing well at the time, I told him not to bother. He did however tell me to store his number and give him a call if the fault returns. I'm going to give him a call. I will update..........

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm... I'm never quite sure if these field techs saying "give me a call" is meant as a long-term thing. Well-intentioned I'm sure, but that staffer may not be covering your area at the moment, among other things.

You might well be diplomatically advised to call your fault into VM by the usual methods. 150 or 0345 4541111.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

VicFord
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

He didn't answer anyway............Currently on hold to VM 150, it's been 29 minutes so far.

0 Kudos
VicFord
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They answered after 52 minutes. They're sending me a new box. I will update........Thanks.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@VicFord wrote:

They answered after 52 minutes. They're sending me a new box. I will update........Thanks.

Hi two things if in future if you have an engineer coming don't cancel as its quite hard to get appointments at the moment and he would have checked the signal levels, which if they are out a new box won't make any difference. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@LittleMick73 wrote:

@VicFord wrote:

Hi two things if in future if you have an engineer coming don't cancel as its quite hard to get appointments at the moment and he would have checked the signal levels, which if they are out a new box won't make any difference. Regards Micky 

I'm not aware of any difficulties getting appointments at the moment. If there are, it's likely to be local ones and certainly not a national issue.

0 Kudos
VicFord
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just to update....I've installed my new V6 box, been up and running for about four hours now with no issues. No sticking, no pixelating just a clear perfect screen. Problem solved, hopefully......