Menu
dtown
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

picture breakup

I have a picture problem but it is intermittent and sometimes I get a this channel is not authorised message when it completely breaks up.  I did have one engineer visit and he said that the signal strength was the problem and just added extra "filters" to my hub and both boxes but said that at least one box probably needed to be replaced when the problem continued.  Despite saying he would pop back with a box as he didn't have one on the van he did not come back.  Rang VM three times so far with each call worse than the last,  it went from lost in transfer on the first call to transferred to the techs but got another agent instead who was more interested in selling than fixing,  to there is no problem I will reboot your hub????? on the third call.  Three calls taking over an hour and still having the same problem.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture breakup

Rebooting your hub won't make any difference to live TV as that doesn't use the internet.

Stick around here for a couple of days, and the VM forum staff should pick up this post and respond.

Edited to add - if you have VM broadband and are still using a TiVo, it would be well worthwhile trying to bargain yourself into a box-swap to a V6. It runs the same software as your TiVo that you're used to, but on a much newer box that's far more capable with more recording tuners & apps. It can also be converted into a 360 if you do decide to open that can of worms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture breakup

Hi dtown,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the box, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've managed to speak to us regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos