Menu
nathan14001
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

on demand not working with wifi

• have been having an issue where the on demand and some channels are unavailable. when you turn off the virgin wifi all comes back on and works as normal until you turn on the wifi again and all stops working
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: on demand not working with wifi

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

Your TV channels aren't carried over the internet, so the router has nothing to do with that.

Do you get any error messages on live TV channels when they're not working?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nathan14001
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i have a tivo box. i had assumed that it was no carried over the wifi but somewhere across the line there is an issue as it causes a fault. it comes up with a fault code of W02 error with signal. when you turn off the wifi router the channel instantly comes back

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you have a couple of (inter-linked) issues.

Your TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection for OnDemand services, do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of the box when you have problems? If so, your TiVo's internet connection is failing.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/w02 this is a classic "loss of TV signal" error and will need VM to check your signal/power-levels.

I suspect your power-levels may be marginal, and somehow the router restarting maybe having an impact on the signals to both your TV & hub.

You need to call Virgin to report your issues, and are likely to need an engineer visit. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nathan14001
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the help! been on the phone to virgin but they have told me i’m unable to get an engineer and to follow there test plan which, unfortunately, was down so i need to call back and retry until i can finally get an engineer!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean by "i'm unable to get an engineer"?

0 Kudos
nathan14001
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

they won’t send an engineer until they can run there remote diagnostics which they were unable to do at the time. the tivo box doesn’t have any flashing lights on my previous and and current box that they sent

0 Kudos