Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no sound no image

I have a Tivo box. Initially no image but sound since 5 October. Impossible to get through to Virgin as I cannot remember my password so keep going round in circles.

Finally by phone they reset the equipment and now I have no image and no sound either!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: no sound no image

When you say no image is on your TV screen, do you mean?...

There's no TV picture, but you can view the TiVo menus and EPG (TV guide) ok? In which case, is there any error message shown on the full-screen view?

There's no video output to your TV? In which case do you have the correct TV input selected?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back so quickly..... I mean no picture at all. So no way of knowing but we have the correct input.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bmoran, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're having this issue with your TV picture. I know this must have been frustrating. 

It may have been an outage in your area that affected this, I have looked on our faults checker on my side and cannot see any outages at the moment which is good. I also cannot see anything outstanding on our side that could indicate a problem. 

If you do ever get an issue like this again I would check our service checker here just so you can get some early information if available. 

As some troubleshooting tips, would you be able to swap the HDMI cable with another one just so we can make sure its not faulty? 

Also, I have a couple of links here that will help walk you through some helpful flows - 

Distorted Picture Help

Error Codes List

Once you've done these steps please let us know any information you find out. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@bmoranI missed this one too! You can often reset your video output settings by rebooting your STB with the TV on... it runs the video settings self-test as part of the boot sequence, if you've not already tried this.

@Megan_LThe link you posted for "TV picture is distorted" appears to be a broken link.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos