Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new dvr box required

I have spent 2 days and 3 hours on the phone trying to get some help from virgin who are happy to take my money but not supply customer service!!. Surely Virgin media understand the need for customer service, too busy to help? Why not have an email address or straightforward telephone service? I have the green screen DVR issue, despite trying all of the fixes that worked last time it refuses to start up. To be honest the lack of support is annoying me more than the lack of TV. Its time to change suppliers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new dvr box required

An email address for C/S would get absolutely inundated and cause more problems than it'd solve - never going to happen.

You're doing the right thing in calling C/S and persisting. Many others on here report success getting through if you just hold on the line and don't give up.

You mention "trying all the fixes" - there is only one fix for the "DVR has detected an error" message - a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new dvr box required

Whats so special about Virgin! If the likes of Bt and sky can offer customer service email and telephone numbers and get a response in a reasonable time why not Virgin too. I have tried on three occasions to call Virgin and I get cut off after waiting for over an hour! I am being reasonable, they are not. I have no alternative but to spend my precious free time on the end of a telephone listening to tragic pop music.!! 

0 Kudos