Menu
Paulammo
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

netflix stopping

The Netflix app keeps crashing on my TiVo device. After about 10 minutes Netflix will stop working, buffering will stall at 25% and then an error message will appear “your device may not be connected to the internet”. This is not the case as I have run a device check and it says it is connected. I have tried resetting both TiVo and my modem but the problem keeps occurring.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: netflix stopping

Good Morning Paulammo

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry this post hasn't been answered sooner, and that you've been having issues with your Netflix account on your set top box

Have you managed to get this resolved or is it still on going? Would it be possible to connect the hub to the set top box directly with an Ethernet cable? This would be the most advisable method of connection, especially if the two pieces of equipment are in the same room 

If you need further assistance, drop us a response and either I, or one of my colleagues will be happy to pick it up for you

Kindest regards, David_Bn

0 Kudos
Paulammo
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No it's still on going. from what I've read on other threads. the old TiVo boxes can't cope with Netflix, so I don't think the hub goes in them

and if it did, it wouldn't  be any good as my hub is upstairs connected to my desk top pc.

Thanks for your reply.   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Paulammo.

Can I please confirm which Tivo box you have with us? Is it the Tivo, V6 or one of our older VHD models? 

It may be worth going through the process of connecting it to the WiFi again to ensure the connection is stable. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Paulammo
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

hi

it's just the standard  TiVo box, not the v6.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Our Tivo boxes should still be able to access Netflix although runs best when connected through an ethernet connection. 

Are you able to check, if this is further away from the Hub, that it's connected to the 2.4Ghz band connection and not the 5Ghz? As the 2.4Ghz connection is best to keep a stable WiFi connection further away from the Hub. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Paulammo
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've no idea.. hub is upstairs,  TiVo box is downstairs.   I routed the cable from the box thing on the wall up through the house to my desktop pc.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can I please confirm with you, are your other On Demand services working or are you experiencing the same kind of error on these as well? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Paulammo
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

on demand services ok apart from bbci player is like Netflix but not as bad.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulammo,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry you are still having issues with Netflix and the BBC I-player,  I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can help you further and possibly look at a box swap.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos