Menu
HollieQ1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

n27 - network cable unplugged

Hi - I'm receiving an error message that the network cable (ethernet cable) is unplugged but we've never had this cable. I've followed all the steps Virgin suggests many times and no luck. I've also tried to call but am left on hold for ages and worried about how much I'm being charged for the call. 

Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: n27 - network cable unplugged

Assuming you definitely have a TiVo (check here if you're not sure), then this message can be misleading - but this will mean your OnDemand, streaming services & TV Guide updates will potentially have stopped.

Do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your box?

All 03 numbers are charged as a landline call from any UK phone, VM's 0345 number is no different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HollieQ1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is exactly what has happened! Thanks so much for the reply. 

the channels work but say no information found. It has been this way for over a month now. I’ve just turned it off stand by and there is a flashing green light - do you know how to fix the issue? 

and ah didn’t realise 03 was free, thanks for letting me know. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo has an inbuilt 'net connection, and the second-from-left green light on a TiVo is the status light for that.

If it's flashing, the 'net connection for your TiVo (separate from your home broadband) has failed. So all internet functions can't work.

It's a box fault - you need to call VM and report it. I'd recommend being specific about "my online light is flashing". It may just save a few diagnostics!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos