Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

my TiVo box is slow

catchup and Netflix is slow and keeps stopping and picture keeps jumping

i have been ringing for months you say you have checked it and fixed it still no good

your service is rubbish  SKY is looking good

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: my TiVo box is slow

You might have a fault with your box, many problems with TiVo OnDemand & Streaming are caused by the onboard internet dropping. It's easy enough to check if you want to resolve it.

The box is fundamentally old though, there's no getting around that. If you take VM broadband, the V6 is a much faster box and works superbly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks, I understand that but they charge extra for the V6 box and I’m at the limit I want to pay. I may cancel my virgin TV and buy a new DVR
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@bobalong2uk wrote:
Yes thanks, I understand that but they charge extra for the V6 box and I’m at the limit I want to pay

Not necessarily the case. There certainly isn't any additional charge for a V6, and in many cases a newer bundle deal can be more cost-effective than a legacy one.

Have a play with https://store.virginmedia.com/build-your-bundle to get an idea of current prices - it will quote you "new customer" prices, but give an idea of standard ones alongside.

Then call up C/S and ask about moving to a new bundle including a V6. If you don't ask, you certainly won't get.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos