Menu
Chorltongary
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

moving a tv cable

I need an engineer to move the tv cable in one of the rooms in my house. Unfortunately the engineer who installed the cable installed it through the window frame. Its a sash window so the sash window cant open! 

I cant seem to find a way to book an engineer or to discuss this with anyone. Can I pay someone else to do it or do i have to go through virgin.?

Im happy to go through Virgin but there doesnt seem to be any way of contacting a live person to describe the issue 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: moving a tv cable

only virgin can work on the vm network.
Staff will reply here.
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Chorltongary,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community ans welcome, I will be more than happy to help you with this,

We can arrange a technician to come and relocate this for you, to do so it would be a callout charge of £99.00 which will go on your next bill,

If you would like to to arrange this  I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Chorltongary
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I managed to get to speak to someone in support by threatening to move away from Virgin (it wasn't an idle threat, the inability to get technical help promptly really needs sorting out!) I have had to pay £99 which i am not particularly happy about as the cable should never have been installed through the moving part of a sash window in the first place but at least I have got it sorted

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chorltongary,

Thank you for coming back to us, I understand where you are coming from, when an install is done the technician will get the customer to sign to say he/she is happy with the work carried out if at that point anything such as the routing isn't how you want it the technician would need to change it then.

By signing the sheet this means the customer at the time was happy with the install and any changes going forward would be chargeable.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Chorltongary
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I didnt sign a sheet yesterday to say I was happy 🤔 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chorltongary, 

This is usually done on an install, as you have requested your cable moving this is something to your specification only you know if this is what you requested.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos