Menu
davidbalerno
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

missing episode Before We Die

The new English Series of Before We Die should be available on Catch Up and On Demand on my Tivo box from All 4. There are 6 episodes and only 5 are shown – episode 3 is missing. I understand that on the All 4 app all 6 episodes are present. Please add Episode 3 to Tivo Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: missing episode Before We Die

From a quick cursory check, this episode hasn't been broadcast yet (due for airing 9th June), so it'll be a boxset rather than CatchUp. Oddly, if you navigate via the boxset menus, the English version doesn't appear to be listed. Although I can't guarantee my eyes aren't deceiving me.

That said, I can see the other episodes are all listed - I'll double check tomorrow and raise with VM staff.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davidbalerno
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thank you japitts for your response. It does not appear in box sets at all. The new series can be found under Tivo Search for Catch Up and On Demand and there are only 5 episodes showing, episode 3 is missing. Just as well it is on TV this week otherwise no point in making the series available 2 weeks ago. Please do raise with VM staff. I have already emailed them at tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk but no reply.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Indeed - there's a few issues with this series. It's listed under CatchUp but I agree it's actually a boxset. And E3 missing regardless - I raised both with VM staff earlier today, but these things can take a few days to rectify.

The email address you've posted is for EPG metadata errors, which this isn't - it's a missing VoD asset. And you'll rarely (if ever) receive a reply from them, they tend to just quietly fix the error.

Hang on in there for a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davidbalerno,

Thanks for your posts, I am sorry you've come across an issue with this series!

I can see @japitts has already taken the time to give you some advice and done a bit of digging himself (thanks)

Can I ask if there has been any update with this since you guys last posted? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

@Megan_L 

I raised this with @Michael_JK on Monday 😉

davidbalerno
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L,

No change, the episode is still missing just now.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Davidbalerno,

Thanks for coming back to me, that's good information to know, I'll be able to get this chased up for you 🙂

I'll need to gather some information about your account first before I can move forward, I'll send you a PM now so we can do just that.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

davidbalerno
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the help everyone - not sure why my details and account are needed to fix a VM error with an All4 series. Anyhow this episode is on TV tonight at 9.00pm so makes no difference to me that it is still not showing on Catch Up/On Demand but fixing it will hopefully help anyone else who watches the series as a box set later.

Thanks again.

Davidbalerno

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd always recommend recording programmes in preference to using VoD/streaming given a free choice, but I know sometimes whole series are boxset-loaded before broadcast these days.

Missing asset faults don't normally need a/c details to raise - if you can post specific examples and "we" can replicate them, they can be raised with VM staff quite quickly.

As for this series, I've got it on SL but have a few others to get through first - so if it's any good, I'll catchup in a couple of weeks 🙂