Menu
neildav
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

making an engineer appointment

Hi my mum is 80 and is having issues with her DVR.

I am in the USA and she is not able to follow the instructions to trouble shoot this, she really needs an engineer to come and help her but I cannot find out any way to actually make an appointment on the website and the phone line is saying two hours for her to wait on the phone.

How do you actually manage to talk to a person or create an appointment on the website?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: making an engineer appointment

you can't book an engineer on the website. You can wait here for about a week and one of the VM staff with a reply.

Will may need to do some tests and you might need to pass security on the account to book an engineer. See what they say when they get here
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what the issues are with the DVR and any error messages that are displayed?

If phoning your mum should contact VM Faults by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

She will hear an automated response asking her to press 1 for the link to online support etc

If she ignores all the options and doesn't press any buttons then she should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
neildav
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will have her try the phone. She is probably going to get a neighbor to take her the store, hopefully that works.

It's hard to know what the messages are as she doesn't read them all the way through and then gets frustrated. She has a hard time understanding the difference between the tv remote and the tivo  remote.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@neildav wrote:

Thanks I will have her try the phone. She is probably going to get a neighbor to take her the store, hopefully that works.

It's hard to know what the messages are as she doesn't read them all the way through and then gets frustrated. She has a hard time understanding the difference between the tv remote and the tivo  remote.

The stores in the UK closed last year.

Possibly ask the neighbour to sit with mum, check what she's doing and also make a note of any error messages.

Your mum could pass verification on the phone, and then pass it to her friend to take over and help.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @neildav 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you mum is having some issues with her DVR. 

I can take a look into this for her,  are you able to pass DPA on her behalf? 

Kind regards,

Zak__M

neildav
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can pass information for her. 

She is not able to trouble shoot the equipment though. 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem, 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
neildav
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the help my friend was able to help her. 

Can’t believe how friendly and helpful this forum has been. Virgin should take a few notes from how receptive abs helpful you all are. 

neil. 

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Really glad that you have managed to get this sorted @neildav

Do keep us updated and if we are able to assist you going forward then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos