Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

loss of channels on multi room after box change

i have today received a new V6 box to change one that would not connect (despite appearing to on VM remote test). the replacement box now works and includes all expected channels. unfortunately my second box (which had been working perfectly) now only permits a few basic channels and none of the subscribed channels reporting instead error code7400. having run the on-line test on both boxes it reports no problem. oddly, both boxes appear as V6 units on the test page although one is a Tivo

any ideas please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: loss of channels on multi room after box change

I wouldn't worry about the images on the self-test page too much.

It sounds like VM might have deactivated the wrong box in error - again, sad to say it happens. As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 you will need to call V/M to rectify this.

Have the details of both boxes handy when you call. Chances are the automated service (on 0800 9539500) won't work in this instance and you'll need to queue for an agent.

Good luck 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: loss of channels on multi room after box change

Thanks - I’ll throw myself at the mercy of the  chat/telephone support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks again

i think you were right, after waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours with no luck, tried again today, waited 45 minutes, finally spoke to someone, quoted serial number and problem solved in 5 minutes!

0 Kudos