Menu
thompa
Up to speed
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer issues - error messages and intermittent working

Hi there,

Last week we couldn't get BBC iPlayer on our Tivo box through the Virgin menus (Home etc.) or red button.

Saw an N27 error saying an Ethernet cable was unplugged - but it isn't, then No DNS when I did a network check and a C130 Network Availability error.

Rebooted the Tivo and navigated to iPlayer - why does it take so long to open!!?... but then saw a Virgin Error page - 'We doing some work on our site'... I doubted this was true - but left the issue until the next day.

Next day, same issue and now tried On Demand which showed a V274 error - on Demand temporarily unavailable. Checking the status of services, there was one which said TVGO affecting Desktop and Android devices dated 24 October 23:20?

Didn't try again until yesterday and the iPlayer service was working fine - takling the normally long time to load - but could watch what I wanted with no interruptions.

Which brings me to today and the reason for this post!

Get to BBC iPlayer but then come up with an error on the BBC page informing 'Check you internet connection' - 'Change video settings' (Page 02110).

Is there anything that can be done to resolve these issues? is it a connection problem? I did check the speeds of the internet and I am getting over 200MBs... or is it the TIVO box?

Anyone have any ideas why iPlayer isn't working very well for us?

Thanks in anticipation,

Allan

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: iPlayer issues - error messages and intermittent working

Firstly just to check the obvious... you're using a TiVo and not the V6? Check here to confirm.....

There's two issues with iPlayer on the legacy TiVo box...

Firstly it is an old box running old hardware, and does struggle with the apps, there's no getting around that. If you have VM broadband, swapping to a V6 is the solution.

Secondly, the internet connection - forget your home broadband, the TiVo has its own connection inbuilt and this can often be failing without you realising. ON the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights, the second-from-left is the "online" light and flashes when the internal cablemodem has failed. That's a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
thompa
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: iPlayer issues - error messages and intermittent working

Hi there,

Yes - definitely a TIVO!

Many thanks for the advice.... will endeavour to get a V6 from Virginmedia!

regards,

Allan

0 Kudos