cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you get rid of TVIO

stuartmacg
Tuning in

Decided to drop TV as use freesat and broadband TV almost exclusively anyway.  Held waiting for 25 min before I gave up on sales number.  Chat online button in browser does nothing.

No options to drop anything in change package part of browser.  No idea what cost savings might be.

Is it possible they don't want me to do that?

Looks like I will have to spend an hour or so tomorrow, on a phone playing pathetic and sometimes noisy teenage singing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stuartmacg 

If you want to drop the tivo it may be less expensive to take a  broadband and phone package rather than broadband on it's own as VM give higher discounts if you take more services.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat if you log into /my-virgin-media and click on Upgrade Package. Again this isn't instant as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stuartmacg 

If you want to drop the tivo it may be less expensive to take a  broadband and phone package rather than broadband on it's own as VM give higher discounts if you take more services.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

You can also speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112 but this method can take 4 to 6 hours as phone calls take priority..

You could try the live messenger chat if you log into /my-virgin-media and click on Upgrade Package. Again this isn't instant as phone calls take priority.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My arm aches from holding the phone, waiting to connect to the correct department.  Lost count of the number of times I have attempted this.

This is dishonest business practice.  It would be easy for them to provide a web form which allows you to change your package.  They do it for upgrades!

I'll try reporting them to offcom, and publishing their behaviour on the net wherever possible.

If I don't get a response today, I will cancel the direct debit, until they wake up.

It is a shame - the service they provide is good - the problem is just with their contract sales practices.

stuartmacg
Tuning in

Finally got through to the necessary section, and all sorted.

It turns out you need to select "I am considering leaving ..." in the telephone options (4) to get to a section which will deal with removing services.

They reduced my monthly bill from (the upcoming) £86 to £48 and increased the broad band bandwidth, as a "loyalty" deal, without removing the TV !?? 

It would have been £58 if I insisted on removing TV!!