Menu
snogglewort
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

'deleting everything' screen stuck on for hours

my tivo box in the bedroom is stuck with the deleting everything screen, it has been like that now for 2 days.

i cant shift it have try re starting, unplugging at the wall etc.

Cant use the box at all now. is this something an engineer needs to fix? 😞

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'deleting everything' screen stuck on for hours

You can try this, it will wipe your box (if it works) reboot the tivo and hold TV+Down+Record during boot this will wipe the drive and reinstall the tivo operating system 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

snogglewort
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for the reply, I will defo try it but can I just ask, when you say 'during boot' what does that actually mean?

Does it mean re start the box then while the box is starting up i hold these buttons down at that same moment?

Sorry for being a bit thick! This is a tivo box so its not got the little screen like the main box downstairs, its only buttons and a few lights.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

switch off the box, switch back on, hold down the buttons on the front of the box as soon as you switch it on, hold them down for about 60 seconds

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

snogglewort
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, will try it when I get home.  🙂

0 Kudos
snogglewort
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I just wanted to say thank you again - it worked! 🙂

0 Kudos
deryrguy2019
Settling in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'deleti ng everything' screen stuck on for hours

My own V6 box was also displaying the same message for 11 hours,i searched through the forums and came accross the advice to switch OFF the box using the wee power switch at the back of the v6  then holding down the + and standby button together and switching the box on again using the same button at the back it worked,it brings you to a screen which starts the whole set up process again but if you know your wifi password etc then you will have absolutely NO problems.  when you get tv service back just do a wee check to make sure ALL the channels you are paying for like sky sports etc etc are operational.   saves a lot of hassle of having to ring up and speak to a techie who will take ages to do checks etc.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'deleti ng everything' screen stuck on for hours

@deryrguy2019 wrote:

My own V6 box was also displaying the same message for 11 hours,i searched through the forums and came accross the advice to switch OFF the box using the wee power switch at the back of the v6  then holding down the + and standby button together and switching the box on again using the same button at the back it worked,it brings you to a screen which starts the whole set up process again but if you know your wifi password etc then you will have absolutely NO problems.  when you get tv service back just do a wee check to make sure ALL the channels you are paying for like sky sports etc etc are operational.   saves a lot of hassle of having to ring up and speak to a techie who will take ages to do checks etc.

Virgin wouldn't tell you to do this as it's an undocumented feature left over from the original tivo firmware

Use Kudos to say thanks

finlaycurrie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo has successfully rebooted now and the button combinations worked. All channels have come up on the TV guide but there are no programmes as they say to be announced. Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You have deleted the Guide and it will gradually fill up as the box phones home several times a day.

You can perform a manual connection through the menu system to get things going.

Use Kudos to say thanks