Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

connecting virgin tivo box to pc

I've had my Sony Vaio all-in-one PC connected to my TiVo for many years and it has worked fine as a monitor. I've just bought an HP Pavillion 24, which has both IN and OUT HDMI sockets, and while this too works well, it has an annoying little issue. When I switch the PC off or even if it just goes to sleep, the TV comes on automatically a few seconds later. I've spoken with HP but while they tried very hard to help, they really had no idea. Does anyone have any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting virgin tivo box to pc

Hi ceedev, 

Thank you for your post,  and I am sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your new PC. This can sometimes after an upgrade to Windows 10 have you recently upgraded your operating system? 

Thanks.

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Zoie. The PC is just a few days old and of course there are always updates and upgrades to catch up on in that circumstance. Unfortunately, the problem occurred before and after the updates/upgrades. It never happened on the old Vaio.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for popping back ceedev, have you tried it plugged into a games console to see if it is the tivo box that may because it to turn the TV on?

Thanks 🙂
Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't have a games console Zoie but I've just tried my Apple TV and I'm getting the same problem. I suppose that lets Virgin off the hook and it is, in fact, a pc problem. Ah well, back to the drawing board.
Many thanks for your help

CeeDev
0 Kudos