Menu
webby1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

connecting v6 box to home theatre surround sound system

Hi just had V6 installed can I connect my surround sound to this new box. Engineer not helpful as just left our scart dangling with no explanation. We connected the sound system to our TiVo box by a scart lead but as there is no scart socket on the new v6 box we have no where to connect it. Our sound system is quite old but worked perfectly on the TiVo box. This is not a good start as having to listen just through tv speakers and that is no where near as good as the sound system, This is meant to be a much improved box but if we cant connect a sound system this wouldn't be the case for us.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: connecting v6 box to home theatre surround sound system

Hi webby1979,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble setting up your surround sound. 

As you've mentioned, the V6 does not have a scart port. Does you surround system have any other connection ports on it such as an optical input?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi as Josh has asked and you say your system is rather old, sadly I am thinking it maybe no longer compatible with more up to date equipment as the V6 which is virgins latest box, you may have other ways of connecting it as scarts are now rather old, unfortunately this sort of thing moves quite quickly. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you have two options, the V6 has an analogue audio out socket which will accept a standard headphone plug, so you should be able to get some sort of cable that will connect that to your sound system, most likely 3.5mm headphone jack to phono (a pair of red & white plugs) possibly with a phono-scart adapter if that's the only input your sound system has (though make sure it is phono-scart for input not scart-phono for output). Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-AV-Jack-Scart-Cable/dp/B075CSFQYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516181054&s...

Alternatively, a more expensive solution would be to use an HDMI splitter and an HDMI-Scart converter, but that shouldn't be necessary.

0 Kudos
webby1979
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks for responding we managed to connect with rca leads.

Caroline
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'm glad to hear you've got it set up.

Pop back to the Community if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos