Menu
nath94
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

catch up on demand cost

was wondering since you need to pay for old episodes of the flash in series 1 i tried to watch a episode in series 1 episode 3 and it came up the cost £2.49 to watch when did this change i checked a few days ago and there was not price to pay it had the option to watch but not this time what is going on virgin media with this why are you expecting  us to pay for earlier shows on catch up this is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: catch up on demand cost

Hi nath94,

It may depend on which package you are on.

Flash has been shown on Sky One and repeated on Sky Two. Both channels are available on most tiers and the shows are still free on catch up.

You can check which channels are available on your package here Channel Guide 

You may find that according to that list you shouldn't have been receiving either Sky One or Sky Two. 

Virgin have supplied over 50 channels for free, all for a limited period since the start of the current Covid epidemic. They actually extended the free periods for a number of the channels, however the free viewing periods have now ended.

At the time of this free promotion you could watch programs from those channels on Catch Up/On demand

Virgin supplied a range of Sky chanels for free  during this period. Originally they were going to be free from April 10th to May 9th. 
The full line up of extra Sky channels included:

Sky Arts
Sky Comedy
Sky Crime
Sky One
Sky Two
Sky Witness
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports News
Movies 2
Syfy
E!

If those channels aren't in your pack then you may wish to upgrade package, or take advantage of the Personal Picks option

Customers can add one Pick to their bundle for £7 per month with each subsequent Pick costing £5 per month. Picks can be changed every month.

The list of Personal Picks can be viewed here Personal Picks 

Adding a Personal Pick and receiving extra channels for £7 a month is far cheaper than paying £2.49 per episode.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There's various different sections to the VOD service.

1: CatchUp - 30days archive of programs from the terrestrial (and some pay) channels - terrestrial catchup is inclusive (at no cost) on all packages, other channels depend on your TV bundle if you get said channel.

2: BoxSets - generally complete or past series, these are only included on the top-tier TV (Full House, MaxIt, XL)

3: Sky Cinema/Sky Sports - included if you subscribe to those channels.

4: Pay-per-view - Virgin Store & Virgin Movies, you will always be advised of a cost to view, before choosing to watch.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nath94
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i get sky one i record the show flash every morning but because it does not record automatically all shows  i need to manually record as you dont get a option to record series unlike sky you can do that thats why i found it strange i was not able to watch the missing shows i did not see to find out they want 2.49 for me to watch missed episodes  does not make sense also i not understand why the record function is complicated aswell as the remote to what really annoyed me was random  tv shows were automaically recording even though i did not want these shows or watch them 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry @nath94 I've struggled to follow your post so I may miss something. 

Virgin TV does let you record series automatically, but the SL will have options to choose whether you record "all" shows or just "new" ones. The Sky One series you mention have a "first aired date" of 2015 (you can see this in the episode details) so if your SL is set to record "new only" your box won't record them.

Change your SL settings to record "new and reruns" or "everything" if you want these to record.

As regards the VOD cost, each of the episodes I've checked show as available to watch from "Virgin Store" at £2.49 each, or also by what looks to me like CatchUp/Box-sets immediately below it. Those show as included on my box, can you see those other links?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks