Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

bookmarked programmes

Why am I being asked to upgrade to watch programmes I have bookmarked on boomerang, when boomerang is included in my package. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: bookmarked programmes

Which package are you on (Specifically)?, what's the program you're trying to watch (specifically)? And how are you navigating to that program?

There's a few possible reasons for this error, but it does depend on the specfic scenario.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am on mix I have bookmarked Mr Bean as my grandson loves it, when I click on the programme that has been bookmarked it is on boomerang but tells me to either subscribe or upgrade

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am on mix I have bookmarked Mr Bean as my grandson loves it, when I click on the programme that has been bookmarked it is on boomerang but tells me to either subscribe or upgrade
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A...ha. I have a feeling this may be classed as boxsets rather than CatchUp, and boxsets are only included on Maxit/Full-House/XL. Not 100% sure, but an inkling for sure.

Have you ever been able to view these programs on your current package?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have and they are not box sets as I bookmarked them don`t worry about it after all these years I am getting used to virgin being useless and trying to get people to upgrade,
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you absolutely sure you are still on Mix TV and not Mixit TV, having changed something in your bundle recently? Have you negotiated your price or services recently?

Mix has the Kids channels, Mixit doesn’t.

Check on My Virginmedia which level of TV you have. Of course, it’s easy to check if you have Boomerang by switching to channel 730 or 731.

If you are still on Mix, you have an issue which needs fixing by Virgin Media.

If you are on Mixit, you have either been misinformed or have misunderstood that your bundle no longer includes many of the Kids channels.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am perfectly clear that I am on mix, I was put on maxit as I was going to leave so was told I could go on "the top package" totally rubbish I got no kids programmes after having so many so basically told virgin where to put their "top package" and asked to be put back on mix which they did
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Excellent. Given you are sure you are on Mix, and not Mixit, you have a problem which Virgin Media need to resolve for you. Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @gillyst

Thanks so much for your post - we are sorry that you're having some issues watching a particular show at the moment. 

I understand that you have Bookedmarked a particular show that is usually broadcast on the Boomerang channel; can you advise how you bookmarked the show in question?

The programme Mr Bean is available to be bookmarked via a variety of platforms including ITV Player and Prime Video though the TV boxes.

Can you confirm how you bookmarked so we can check this out further for you? 

Have you tried setting up a series link to record the show instead? Are you able to watch from the OnDemand option rather than via your bookmark?

Are you able to watch the channel live? 

Please do let us know so we can assist further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos