Menu
drodgers2
Tuning in
Message 31 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube stuttering

Dear john_GS,

Thanks for the update, but isn’t that what has been said now for a number of months. Surely a resolution to this doesn’t take that long.
This has been ongoing from June 2019. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 44
Flag for a moderator

My apologies again drodgers2,

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Agentmatt
Joining in
Message 33 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media, 

I am also getting the YouTube issue.  I’ve numerous Posts from your customers all having the same YouTube issue and all you can say is you’re sorry or we’re looking into it.  

This issue has clearly been going on for mouths, if not over a year and you haven’t done anything to resolve this.  why do we all pay you the mouthy rates we do for services you do not fix?  

Please offer up a sensible answer.

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 34 of 44
Flag for a moderator

The problem is virgin aren’t quite in fixing issues like this so don’t hold your breath. Like Iv stated the only solution is to watch youtube on other devices NOT the V6

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Agentmatt,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the YouTube App. 

I have looked into this and we are not aware of anything in your area affecting this. 

Is this affecting all video's you're watching? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
drodgers2
Tuning in
Message 36 of 44
Flag for a moderator

It’s been an ongoing issue for many people since June. We have had replies saying it is a known issue and is being worked on. Updates have been few and far between and the issue definitely still exists.

brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 37 of 44
Flag for a moderator

By the sounds of things on this form it’s a nationwide problem. The problem is any YouTube video that’s 2160 (4K) @  60fps and 1080p (HD) @ 60fps the video playback lags (And yes I’m on the highest speed: 500/38 Mb) so the work around is downscale to 720p in the youtube options or just watch on another device.

0 Kudos
drodgers2
Tuning in
Message 38 of 44
Flag for a moderator

That’s exactly it - you’re 100% right.

I know the workaround is to drop quality to 720p but having 350mb broadband this really shouldn’t have to be done. I can watch 4K and 1080p no problem on every other device. Must be a limitation of Youtube app within the V6 box

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 39 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I can see this has been advised previously that this is a known issue. But at this point in time we are not aware of this issue affecting customers. 

Can I just confirm is this just the app it is affecting? Or does this happen on web browsers? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
drodgers2
Tuning in
Message 40 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin, 

It was 23rd July that it was actually yourself who said this was a known issue 🤷‍♂️