Menu
Corrie-Jane
Tuning in
Message 21 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube stuttering

Hi, could you tell me how to lower the resolution? The stuttering is driving my son mad!! 

0 Kudos
Wolfiebaby
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 55
Flag for a moderator

When watching a video go to the dots at the bottom,then click the little HD sign and then change it from auto you 720p and it should work xxx its what i had to do. 

0 Kudos
ChooPlays
Just joined
Message 23 of 55
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Change the video settings to 720p stopped all stuttering for me. Hope this helps

Wolfiebaby
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I already did this. The point is we shouldn't have to with what we pay for services. They should make sure the apps are updated and working. 

Corrie-Jane
Tuning in
Message 25 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Could you please tell me how to do this? 

0 Kudos
Wolfiebaby
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 55
Flag for a moderator

When watching a video go to the dots at the bottom,then click the little HD sign and then change it from auto you 720p and it should work xxx its what i had to do. 

0 Kudos
Corrie-Jane
Tuning in
Message 27 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Great, thank you. I will try that. 

0 Kudos
brooksy79
Fibre optic
Message 28 of 55
Flag for a moderator

As well as wanting to to watch 4K content in 720p 🤦‍♂️ Until virgin fix this it’s better to watch youtube on smart tv’s or other devices.
0 Kudos
cooknaris
Tuning in
Message 29 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same thing. As people have mentioned, changing the resolution to 720p solves the problem, but this is not a solution. We are paying for a service that is supposed to allow us to watch YouTube videos in 1080p. A few people warned me about having Virgin TV before I took out the contract, specifically due to player app issues, so I hope this isn't a sign of things to come... How is the fix coming on? The original post was months ago so I'm guessing it's pretty close to being fixed?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Hi cooknaris,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the service issue. We're aware of it and working hard to fix asap.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos