Menu
stevenbarker33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Youtube App Pausing Constantly

Hi.

Whilst using the Youtube app i get pauses in play every 10 seconds or so, regular as clockwork then after about 20 minutes it stops altogether and says LOADING... but wont resume unless i rewind it a couple of seconds.

Im not even trying to watch high bitrate videos, usually just old black and white 50s movies.

I havent got the phone comnected to the filter and the other pc is on wifi but not being used whilst im watching Youtube on the Tivo box.

Ive run the tests on the Virgin website and checked service status to no avail.

Normal digital tv plays fine as does Netdlix. IPlayer can be a little obstinate but Youtube app has been like this for a couple of weeks.

I am in the Derby DE1 1 area.

Any suggestions?

Steve.

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube App Pausing Constantly

Hi stevenbarker33

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your YouTube app on your TiVo service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end and we're not detecting any problems at the moment. 

Does this occur every time you try to watch a video on YouTube? Are you using any other applications too? If so, how are they working? Lastly, are you watching any content on On Demand or Catch Up? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stevenbarker33
Tuning in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its just Youtube running on my Tivo box. I dont get pausing on my pc or tablet or phone.

Nothing else is running when im watching youtube, no catchup tv or recording being done concurrently.

Ive turned the tivo box off for a bit then on again to let it reset and reinitialise.

From looking at other posts this serms to be a problem at your end because it doesnt affect Netflix or BBC iPlayer.

IPlayer pauses at first but then carries on uninterrupted. As does Netflix.

The pausing problem on Youtube happens no matter time of day. Ive been off work sick and ive tried in the morning afternoon and between midnight and morning.

Pauses every 10 seconds or so then stops completely with the LOADING message after a time from 20 or 30 mins.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevenbarker

Thanks for the response, I'm sorry again for the continued problems you're experiencing with YouTube content at the moment. 

To confirm, are you experiencing this issue with multiple videos? Is the video buffering or actually pausing? Sorry for all the questions, we want to get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Most of us are getting this problem with YouTube.

VM has an appalling record on this.

It started again recently after a relatively good spell.

Prior to that it was a continuous source of frustration for a couple of years.

All the advice and investigation promises you get from VM will come to nothing, i'm afraid.

Until VM sort it out nationally, it will not change. Don't expect anything, just hope.

VM will not admit publicly to anything on this. They all seem to be sworn to a top secrecy clause.

stevenbarker33
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I did suspect this to be the case but i thought id ask.

I can plug my laptop into the tv and i have a diy Android media box i can use instead but why should i when i pay for the Tivo box.

If all other streams work then the problem must be at their end how they are handling the streams from Youtube. I cant see why it cant be easily sorted out.
0 Kudos
stevenbarker33
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi stevenbarker33

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your YouTube app, since we last spoke an issue has been raised on our end for video stuttering and freezing and we're working hard with our partners to put this right as soon as possible (reference NKE00007058).

There's no review date set for this at the moment but we want to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
stevenbarker33
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

From what i have heard this is a long running issue and having worked for BT broadband myself, i cant understand why this technical operational issue cant be resolved. Unless you simply cannot provide enough bandwidth or concurrent connections?
Porkpie74
Joining in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue. Regardless of what I’m watching on Youtube via the Tivo box it pauses about every 10seconds. Very annoying!!

0 Kudos