cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube

Badgermalc
Joining in

Hello.

Has anyone else noticed the change in YouTube? Up until Saturday 15th I could scroll down through rows and rows of video thumbnails sorted into topics, eg Technology, Engineering, Cooking etc. now there are only two rows and a message that says 'Can't find anything to watch? Sign in for better recommendations' I'd rather not sign in if I don't have to.

While we're on the subject of the YouTube app it crashes if you rewind a video, it crashes if you fast-forward a video, it crashes at nearly every advert and sometimes it just crashes for no apparent reason.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo section so I presume that's the box you have. In which case - that box is 13+ years old now, and was never the greatest at using streaming apps. The hardware is old and, although rebooting boxes are generally faulty ones, I'm not surprised that any TiVo struggles with YouTube.

You'd be much better off upgrading to a V6 (running TiVo software) or converting to TV360 (totally different software), both of which use the same modem box with more recording tuners and is far more capable - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Most users tend to complain at issues with not being able to sign into streaming apps - it's the easiest way to get your suggested content, personalised for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TiVo section so I presume that's the box you have. In which case - that box is 13+ years old now, and was never the greatest at using streaming apps. The hardware is old and, although rebooting boxes are generally faulty ones, I'm not surprised that any TiVo struggles with YouTube.

You'd be much better off upgrading to a V6 (running TiVo software) or converting to TV360 (totally different software), both of which use the same modem box with more recording tuners and is far more capable - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Most users tend to complain at issues with not being able to sign into streaming apps - it's the easiest way to get your suggested content, personalised for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Badgermalc,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your TiVo's YouTube App looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

I can see one of our top VIP's @japitts has given some brilliant information regarding your TiVo, have you had chance to think about getting a free upgrade to a V6 box or even 360?

If not, I have a link here that has lots of information on our TV packages that might be useful for you 👉 TV Deals

However, if you don't feel like it is a fault with your TV box, could you tell us how your TiVo is connected to your Hub please? 

Have you noticed any other issues with your internet with other devices whilst trying to stream videos? 

Thanks,

Megan_L