cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube on tv not working

Jennyb91
Joining in

Been told by Virgin Media to post on here

Lost connection a few days ago for no reason between tv and Internet, got it back on

Ever since then YouTube app on tv service is not working, click on the app and screen goes black for a few seconds, then goes back to tv menu

Error code is A01

Have tried everything to get it back on, no fault with anything, it simply will not come back on 

Tried all suggestions on other post on here as well

Any help would be appreciated 

2DE4D7C5-FC15-4BA8-A806-C075BFD4B7F2.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jennyb91 wrote:

Have tried everything to get it back on, no fault with anything, it simply will not come back on 

Tried all suggestions on other post on here as well 

Without knowing the specifics of what "tried everything" and "tried all suggestions" actually includes, then it's a bit tricky to advise.

Do other online-based services on your TiVo work ok? That's a good way of testing if this is related to the internet connection being faulty - are any of the green LEDs on the front-left of your box flashing? Can you use OnDemand ok?

Have you tried restarting the box using Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve tried everything Virgin Media have advised, and what I’ve found online that’s been suggested for this issue, that’s what I mean 

All other online based services work apart from YouTube, I can use OnDemand as well

None of the LEDs are flashing

And I have restarted the box using Help & Settings

Thanks 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jennyb91 wrote:

I’ve tried everything Virgin Media have advised, and what I’ve found online that’s been suggested for this issue, that’s what I mean 

Which is?.... That helps people to avoid suggesting what you might already have done. Can you explain what it is that you've tried, because we don't know unless you tell us....

Thanks for confirming VoD ok, and no flashing lights. That at least rules out an internet issue. The reboot rules out a temporary "blip" too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

You don’t have to be rude I’ve posted on here for help… 

Virgin Media have advised: 
-I’ve checked all the cables are fastened and in properly  

-‘Select the home button
Use the directional buttons to select Help & Settings
Select Settings
Select Network
Select Connection in progress: get status or Connect to the Virgin Media Service now’

-restarted both my tv and internet boxes

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thankyou for the info, other forum users now know what you've tried so far.

For info, your TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection which is separate from your home broadband. So rebooting your router will have no effect on your TiVo - it won't hurt but won't be helping either!

You've tried all the things I'd suggest, the only thing I'm left with is a box/app fault. If you wait around here, VM staff should pick this up in a couple of days.

Hi @Jennyb91,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you have tried everything advised here and are still having this issue, we can look to get the box replaced as it it does sound potentially faulty. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and take it from there.

Thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs