cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube not working

KathrynS142
Joining in

YouTube stopped working a week ago. Constant spinning circle, both through Apps and Channel 198....Can anyone help? Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

If a TiVo... check the front-left of your box, there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a painted heart symbol next to it and indicates your online/internet status. Is that flashing or solid?

If a V6.. follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right for your "online" status, what's reported?

And are you able to watch VOD at all? Pick a programme from ITV, C4 or C5 Catchup and try watching it - does it work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

If a TiVo... check the front-left of your box, there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a painted heart symbol next to it and indicates your online/internet status. Is that flashing or solid?

If a V6.. follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right for your "online" status, what's reported?

And are you able to watch VOD at all? Pick a programme from ITV, C4 or C5 Catchup and try watching it - does it work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Its a V6. All successful with tonight's date time. All on demand works, just not YouTube 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a YouTube app problem then - just tested mine on a V6, it's all fine. Sucking eggs, but have you tried a restart? Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box

It worked! Happy kids again. Thank you!