Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wrong terminator caps sent to me

Hi,

I am leaving Virgin Media, and I’ve been sent 2 x male silver terminator caps instead of 2 x female ones in the return packaging. I called the customer service line who redirected me to tech support. Unfortunately the tech support agent was not very helpful and couldn’t give me any indication of whether he understood or had registered my question of whether it is a no cost replacement.

Please can I check if I will be sent a replacement of 2 x female silver terminator caps at no cost to myself? I read the instructions these are important?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong terminator caps sent to me

Same issue, although with a single cap (as I just need to cover one cable).

I found many threads where they didn't receive any cap at all.

And in this one: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Returns/m-p/4115797 someone mentioned even isolating tape would work.

In my case things got a bit worse, as I tried to unscrew the cable from the wall socket box (with the hexagonal wrench) to see if by chance there wouldn't be a female end on the wall socket side (maybe I was supposed to put the plug directly on the wall, not the cable). But I realized the cable is deeply bound to the wall socket box metal plate, so no way to unplug it from there (or I'd need to remove the whole thing). And now I somewhat released the thing maintaining the wall socket box in place and I cannot screw it back, so it's staying that way:

Wall socket box partially unscrewedWall socket box partially unscrewed

I guess it was not the right way, and the existence of a female terminator cap makes much more sense to me.

I have notified this issue on the phone and I told them I would send a picture on the live chat, but it is not working unlike this forum, so I posted it here instead.

It'd be nice if a moderator could PM me so I have give my personal coordinates and they can link the phone call with the picture above.

Also, fixing the the terminator cap thing would avoid having other leaving customers (un)screwing things up as I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong terminator caps sent to me

Hi Falkland93 & huulong,

Thank you both for your posts. Our apologies for any inconvenience with this.

I will private message you both separately to assign with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos