Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wishlist & series links

Hi. 

I've got a mixture of wishlists & series links setup on my Samsung tivo. I understand this particular model of tivo is now over 10 years old. It's actually the one my grandparents use. I've noticed it's planning to record programs with no series or episode numbers next to them. Which would appear to be not new. As when I've looked at the particular program they haven't done any new episodes for a while. This happens with series links as well. I've got the box setup to record new episodes only. Record new only. Im thinking the receiver can't tell whether its a new or rerun. So records it anyway 🙁. This annoys my grandad. Can this be fixed? My V6 has same issue 🙁

J.H
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wishlist & series links

The box records what the tivo software tells it to, its just the service you get, it's not a hardware fault

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK. I guess so. 

Perhaps one of the forum team on here will look into it eventually 🙂

They might be able to fix it. 

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I'm understanding your query, this is by design. TiVo uses the episode data in the EPG to decide if a program is new or a duplicate, and schedule recordings accordingly.

If a program doesn't have this "broadcast date" data, TiVo defaults to recording the episode "incase".

The underlying issue is the guide data, which in TiVo land is absolutely central.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your probably right. 

Let's hope the forum team can get this issue sorted 🙂

Seems like it could be a fault in either the tivo system or the epg guide itself 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any specific examples of programs or series that have this issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks