cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the tivo still work?

pudos
Tuning in

Hi All,

Ok this may sound odd, but a few years ago I got a tivo box, looking today it was in 2018!  When received I thought, watch the rest of the things on my other box thing and then switch it over.  Never happened.  Always had things to watch on my old box thing (nearly showed may age by saying taped then...)

So yesterday got the tivo box out of cupboard and was going to set it up - but as grandchildren staying thought if i lose all tv I'd be a bit stuck.  As its so old since I got it, do i need to report it or anything or will it still work?  Anyone else whose been as bad as me, let me know

Thanks

Me

7 REPLIES 7

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

It has almost certainly been deactivated by now, so will not work

Thank you

Hi @pudos 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Thanks for getting into touch about your older TiVO set top box. 

As @SpacePhoenix has kindly advised, unfortunately the set top box would have been removed from your service. This would have happened when your set top box replacing it was installed/activated. 

If you need to recycle your older TiVO I have linked here on all the information you need on what equipment we are asking to be returned and what can be recycled and where to find your nearest recycle centre. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thanks Carley, the only thing I'd say is the box has never been activated, it's still in the cardboard box.  Maybe still won't work though.  It is a service I'm paying for but never used,  if it won't work how do I get one that does? Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @pudos, do you have the facility to read through your bills and see if TV services are a part of your package?

If the set top box has not been activated, the likelihood is that this is not connected to your account and not incurring a charge.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi David, the tivo monthly fee is on my latest bill, doesn't say how much though.  In bill breakdown says tivo fee included

Thanks

Paul

Hi @pudos thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to take a look at your account on your behalf and offer you some clarification of your package. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep any on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R