Menu
RuthandNigel
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why is TV Guide never updated when things change?

Please can someone explain why the Virgin TV Guide is never updated when anything changes on the schedule?  Even this Saturday - it is still showing Snooker on Saturday afternoon - instead of a rather important funeral??? 

Whenever there is a change it nearly always shows immediately on Freeview - but NEVER EVER on Virgin!  Why?????  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is TV Guide never updated when things change?

VM's EPG is updated at set intervals during the day, and your TiVo/V6 calls home (roughly) every 6 hours to refresh the data. It's a different system to that used by other platforms (Sky/Freeview) where the broadcasters have direct access to the EPG data. It's also fundamentally what allows some of the extra metadata-functions within the TiVo platform to work

The BBC's online schedule for Saturday wasn't showing the royal funeral when I checked earlier, so it's quite possible the process to update VM's EPG has only started in the last few hours, and this should be inplace either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

According to the 360 EPG

BBC1  is listing the funeral from 12.30 to 16.20 - BBC News HD is still advertising normal Saturday programs eg Click

Sky News is broadcasting from Windsor starting from 6am, and the funeral from 12.30 to 17.00

ITV1 13.15to 16.30

Forces TV Forces News Special 14.30 to 16.30

CNN is showing the funeral from 14.00 to 18.00

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo/V6 EPG is now updated to reflect Saturday's schedule changes.

Royal Funeral coverage on all channels is now listed on TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@RuthandNigel wrote:

Please can someone explain why the Virgin TV Guide is never updated when anything changes on the schedule?  Even this Saturday - it is still showing Snooker on Saturday afternoon - instead of a rather important funeral??? 

Whenever there is a change it nearly always shows immediately on Freeview - but NEVER EVER on Virgin!  Why?????  

The BBC & ITV have direct control of the EPG data on Freeview PSB Muxes 1, 2 & 3, so can put these changes in as soon as they are decided. You will always see these change first before any other provider..

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos