cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't i watch on demand

Elsee
Tuning in

Every time I try and watch Manifest on demand (Sky SD) it runs for 2 minutes and then says sorry this programe isn't available right now, try later.  Sometimes I can get it if I try later but 90% of the time I can't.  Any ideas? This has happened previously with other shows, it's not just Manifest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you have a TiVo and not a V6? Check here If you're not sure.

The behaviour you describe is a little like a V6 trying to play UHD content without having HDCP2.2 compliant connections somewhere.

Also be aware that recordings are different from OnDemand, although it sounds like you're describing a VoD bookmark. These are intended to look & feel like a recording by appearing in "My shows", while actually being OnDemand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this problem specific to the programmes you've mentioned, or does it affect all of OnDemand?

On the front-left of your TiVo, do you see any flashing green lights when this error happens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Well, we settled for a recording in My Shows of Annika, after trying to watch a different programe  from on demand around 9.30.. This was recorded at 8pm on Alibi/UKTVplay and started with the same credits that on-demand programes have (that pink screen) After the ads (approx 2 mins) the screen went completely black.  I fast forwarded just to see and the recording re-appeared after about 10 minutes in so I now suspect it's just a Virgin problem. It's cable, the superfast, no buffering blah, blah, blah, my foot!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you have a TiVo and not a V6? Check here If you're not sure.

The behaviour you describe is a little like a V6 trying to play UHD content without having HDCP2.2 compliant connections somewhere.

Also be aware that recordings are different from OnDemand, although it sounds like you're describing a VoD bookmark. These are intended to look & feel like a recording by appearing in "My shows", while actually being OnDemand.

Definitely a TiVo

I have now tried again and it's fine.  It must be a Virgin problem, they can't cope with demand around 8pm. The recording (definitely a recording) was 8pm. Trouble is there isn't really any way of letting them know they can't cope, no customer services, no email address.

thanks for trying to help. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a recording, it's stored on your box's hard drive so is nothing to do with external network demands (or otherwise)

Your TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection but this is for OnDemand & streaming, not playing recordings.

Having it resolved is the main thing, if ever you want "immediate" fault reporting just call 150 from your VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Elsee
Tuning in

Hi, I think I have this problem too (I see I posted a c130 error a few years back too and then gave up on it) The green light info will be very helpful as I have just rung 150 and during the course of my complaint I said I would ring every time it happens (about every 2 days) so I will add the greeen light info.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Elsee 

It's much easier if you keep your issues to one post, to save confused replies. TiVo's do indeed have an in-built internet connection, and the green "heartbeat" LED on the front-left of your box is the status light.

Flashing means the modem is offline, that means no internet connection and will render OnDemand & streaming impossible. It's a fault, and if you're clear to a faults agent that "my online light is flashing", that should be sufficient to get the appropriate action. That's an engineer visit and/or replacement box.

Out of interest, do you have VM broadband? If you do, and you're in a position to renegotiate your package bundle, I'd take a good look at the V6 box. It runs the same software as the TiVo you're used to, but on a much newer, more capable box with some extras. 6 recording tuners rather than your 3, some extra streaming apps, and generally much quicker to use.

Hi Elsee,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your Tv service. 

Just to confirm are you still getting the C130 error message?

^Martin