Menu
tdurbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why am I paying £27 for Virgin Mobile? I don’t have it

Hi,

After two hours yet again on the phone and still failing to speak to an actual person, I found these boards. I signed up for Virgin Media TV 512mb Internet, at £99 a month to Virgin Media, but my Direct Debit statement has the £99 payment and also a separate £27 to Virgin Mobile. I was told on set-up, “You might as well have the SIM (I haven’t got a SIM) because it’s still £99. 
I’ve been with Virgin 2 months and up to now I’m up to seven hours on the phone, two unauthorised payments of £27 down, plus £109 that Virgin owe me because they said they’d contact Sky to cancel (they didn’t do this, but re-listened to the call and agreed I’d been told this.

As far as first impressions go after years with Sky, Virgin are failing massively.

Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I paying £27 for Virgin Mobile? I don’t have it

Hi when it comes to billing issues only a virgin person can help as you have to pass security questions re your account, as for "sales people" they will tell you what you want to hear, really the onus is on you to cancel third party agreements.Regards Micky
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why am I paying £27 for Virgin Mobile? I don’t have it

Good Evening tdurbo,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to implement this change on your account and this would need to be done by our FMC department.

It sounds like the SIM card hasn't been synced up to your Media account and you've opted for the unlimited data SIM card.

They would be able to sync this up for you and should be able to issue a credit on your media account to refund you for the charges your mobile phone account has racked up 

Give them a call, if you haven't already, and they'll seek to resolve this for you

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos