Menu
Leefrancis7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

When do you think the next version of Tivo will be with us?

I've often thought that the next tivo could be a small as a USB stick that plugs into a smart tv. Rather than a standalone box. The remote control could also be made more slick, and perhaps include voice commands, (similar to the latest amazon sticks for example).

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When do you think the next version of Tivo will be with us?

Virgins parent company Liberty Global is now in charge of the new kit being issued to customers.

The new TV box is the Horizon based V360 main & mini boxes which is being rolled out across all LGs cable operations worldwide.The contract with TiVO will not be renewed.

Horizon comes with a voice control remote as standard.

As far as streaming sticks, Virgin is a broadcast TV platform not an IP platform. All boxes need to be wired to the coax network to operate via the internal cable TV tuners in the same way as Satellite & Terrestrial TV operates.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Leefrancis7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: When do you think the next version of Tivo will be with us?

Thanks for that nodrogd.
I did a quick search and for Anyone else following the thread, found this: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/11/virgin-media-uk-launch-next-gen-tv-360-platform-and-bo...
0 Kudos