Menu
DoctorPhibes
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What on earth is going on this week ?

Day 1. (monday evening) Sudden loss of picture / W02 error.  Re-boot leads to box getting stuck on Starting Up.  First thought is box has died.  Finally boots on Tues afternoon. Everything back to normal

Day 2. Same again.  Look on Service Status and see that there is a known issue in my area (Your Virgin TV, Virgin Fibre and Virgin Phone might not working at the moment). OK fair enough - maybe not the box. Eventually the fault is fixed.  Picture back

Day 3. Same again.  No picture. Service Status Known issue is back. Fixed. Picture back

Day 4. Same again.  By now I know not to re-boot because at least then I can watch recordings without getting stuck on Starting Up.  And in fact the picture comes back hours later without re-booting.  Picture still ok late last night

Day 5 Switch tv on.  No picture again.  Service Status Known issue is back.  But the picture came back a few hours ago, no reboot necessary

How much longer is this routine going to go on ?.  Judging by the number of posts this week it's many people that are affected, not just me

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: What on earth is going on this week ?

Have you called Virgin Media to report your service faults? Check first on 0800 5610061 that there's no reported faults in your local area.

If nothing's reported, I'd recommend you call to do so, if you've not already. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DoctorPhibes
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Having asked around now,  it seems to have been a service issue problem locally (Thames Valley area) all week.  Fortunately I don't have broadband through Virgin, just TV (mainly because when something goes wrong I'm not without both).  Many people locally have been without TV and internet for much of this week

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If there is an area fault affecting you, it should be listed on 0800 5610061.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Everything going is usually a mains supply issue rather than VM equipment. We have had this several years ago where the mains supply to a powered amplifier failed underground. The VM network guys did not find the problem initially as it was intermittent & their equipment was checking out fine every time they turned up.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
DoctorPhibes
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that seems to tally with what we are experiencing

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds abominable 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But the "Price" is right

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos