cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What box should we have?

chuckles1066
Joining in

Hello, we have (I think) a Tivo box and have had this for years.

While my wife was round at a friend's, she noticed that they have a different box and have access to a lot more apps even though they are on a cheaper package.

What box should we have?  Is it possible to get upgraded?

Thank you for reading.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's pictures of the boxes at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

1: TiVo's are very old, elderly but have reliable TiVo-software

2: V6 have much better hardware but still run reliable TiVo-software with a few more streaming apps.

3: TV360 have the same hardware as V6 but very different software. Marketers and VM will refer to this as an upgrade, that's a tad misleading - it's no more an upgrade than moving between Apple & Android is an upgrade.

TiVo & TV360 software has some major functional differences. If you want some of the newest streaming apps like Paramount &/or Disney+ then TV360 is worth considering, as the V6 doesn't have them. If those aren't important, then do plenty of research on the differences because some people find the TV360 as a backwards step from TiVo software.

Whichever route you decide on, the choice is completely separate & independent from your contract bundle & package. Unless your package includes TV360-exclusives such as Paramount or Disney+, any bundle can work on the V6 just as easily as TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chuckles1066,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Can we just ask regarding the current box you have, are you currently experiencing any issues with it at all?
Let us know,

Kain

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Paramount+ can be got via the Amazon Prime app, don't know about Disney+