Menu
Northernlass
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wall mounts.

Hi All

Posting this again as I think I chose the wrong board for the original post.

I need to wall mount my mother’s TiVo box and small Tv so her carers can get round the bed.

Can anyone tell me what sort of wall mounts/shelf I need to use.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wall mounts.

I have removed your original post from public view. You do not need to re-post if you think you have made a mistake. We can always move posts and the Mods will do it for you if you flag for their attention.

Flat screen TVs can be wall mounted with VESA mounts - Google for these they come in various sizes and provide the ability to swing the TV around and flatten it against a wall. If the TV is an older CRT type there are similar mounts that do the same job by holding the TV effectively between a flat plate and the top of the TV. As for the TiVO find some straightforward shelving to use. The TiVO has no special mounting requirements or indeed no built in mounting holes etc.

Bear in mind the cabling issues of wall mounting the TiVO. You may well need a longer co-axial cable from the wall plate to the TiVO which VM MUST provide because that side of the connection is their responsibility and the cable length can affect the signal strength not only for your your service but for all the people on the same service segment (ie your neighbours). VM will charge £99 for a non-fault visit to do this and check the power levels are right and adjust them if necessary. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi for the TV you need a swinging wall bracket so you can get to the back of it to plug things into it , then a small shelf for the virgin box, these, particularly the TV bracket need to have the correct raw plugs for the size of the bracket bolts, if your not very good at DIY I would recommend a handy man to do it as you don't want the TV to fall off, you can source them on EBay & Amazon fairly cheaply.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Northernlass
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Northernlass
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
calebt
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Try www.icwusa.com they have a huge selection.

0 Kudos
Northernlass
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, will have a look.

0 Kudos
boalex
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just moved house and am looking to wall mount my TV. The TV is a 43" weighing 8.3kg. So keep you posted on my choice of tv wall mount

0 Kudos