cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W02 error and pixelated signal

MichelleR
Joining in

over the past 2 days I kept losing the channels on my TiVo box and getting the W02 error. I’ve now rebooted 5 times and it still keeps losing the connection.

Also I have another TiVo box in another room that I have to constantly reboot due to terrible pixelation on a large number of channels (eg Dave, ID, Alibi).

I’ve tried everything, do I need to ring for an engineer ( which left me on hold for over an hour last time I rang) or is there something else I can try?

any help would be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MichelleR

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the W02 error you are getting on your TV, I'm sorry to hear your picture is pixellated. I would like to run some diagnostics on our systems and see if we need to send an engineer. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the detail required, please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can. 

Best wishes,

Serena