Menu
Dflynn
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media store error es071

So. I’ve just paid £60 to watch 3 series of the handmaids tale.  Every time I try to watch an episode I get error Es071 about 4 times during the episode.  My internet is hard wired.  It’s not disconnected. I have a TiVo system right next to the router.  The whole thing freezes. It’s painful to watch anything.  This also happens on Netflix.  Constantly freezes.  So fed up with having to “switch it in and off again”.  Noticed that other people have issues with the same thing.  We have virgin broadband.  Extremely fed up with the entire service.  

0 Kudos
Dflynn
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Error code Es071

Again. Error code ES071.  This keeps happening from the very first time when purchased from virgin store.  Already sent a message about this, no one has got back to me.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code Es071

Hi Dflynn,

there's a direct number for the Virgin Media Store  0800 027 0801.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Dflynn
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ESO71 error again

So here’s we go again.  9th day of trying to watch something I’ve purchased from curing store   Same thing again  error code ES071   And again  no one has got back to me   This happens at least 5 times during a single session of watching something   My internet is hard wired  I have a TiVo   it’s right next to the router   So tell me   What is the problem?  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: ESO71 error again

@Dflynn wrote:

So here’s we go again.  9th day of trying to watch something I’ve purchased from curing store   Same thing again  error code ES071   And again  no one has got back to me   This happens at least 5 times during a single session of watching something   My internet is hard wired  I have a TiVo   it’s right next to the router   So tell me   What is the problem?  

If you have a TiVo it doesn't matter how close it is to you router as the TiVo box has its own modem that uses the VM cable connection.  You should report this as a fault, although i have no idea what the curing store is, probably an rubbish auto correction.

You may get a better result if VM can upgrade you to a V6 which does use the VM home broadband connection for some of the services.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Dflynn.

This looks like it's not a Tivo error code and would be a Virgin Media Store error, I see a community member already offered you the Virgin Media Store direct number, did you contact this team? As they are separate to ourselves. 

Are you having any other issues with the Tivo that are separate to the Virgin Media Store purchases we can help with?

Let us know how this goes. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
JohnnySmith
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's correct, that's a Virgin Media Store error code. They need to contact VMS directly on the freephone number above as they need to do something at their end first. You sign out of the app on the Tivo box and once they've tweaked something you have to reboot box & router both. That will do a hard reset on the apps connection.

0 Kudos