Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV not working

Hi got a big error message TV not coming on big bright green message saying the DVR has detected a serious problem and is attempting to fix it will take 3 hours etc

have been trying to get in touch with virgin media since yesterday afternoon re this, no one answering they have hung up on me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV not working

Hi jaynelewisdenn,

Sorry to see you are having issues  with the Tico box.

The green screen means your hard drive has failed.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Or wait until a  member of the Forum Team pick this up, but this may take a few days.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thx, I have spoken to the team they are sending an engineer out tomorrow, is that a waste of time then? Should they just send me a new box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI jaynelewisdenn,

That's brilliant to be honest.

The engineer will check for any signal issues, which might even speed up your broadband if you had any issues with it.

All engineers carry spare equipment so he'll look at your Tivo box and replace that if necessary

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, they should just arrange a replacement box, and the engineer will probably take all of a minute to realise that.

Having said that, the tech will have replacement boxes with them and will easily just do the swap for you. So it's no skin off your nose.

From VM's point of view, then it's a wasted tech visit that could go to someone else who needs it - but that's their problem rather than yours.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thx for that 

0 Kudos