Menu
simong2408
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Box Died & Unable To Contact Support

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me log a support call as trying to so by phone or the Virgin app has proved frustrating & impossible.

Our TiVo box died yesterday and currently is stuck in a welcome loop. Had static and/or flashing red light on the front and keeps making a quiet beeping noise ...... I actually think this is the internal hard disk trying to start up but failing.

ive tried calling Virgin media to log a call but just get an automated message saying that tests have shown no fault and asking me to download the app. I’ve done this but it hasn’t helped and there does not appear to be any way for me to log a support call.

Please can someone from Virgin contact me to help resolve the problem as we currently have no TV service.

many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Box Died & Unable To Contact Support

Hi simong2408,

When calling Faults, when you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
simong2408
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave

Ridiculous that Virgin seem intent on making it as hard as possible to speak to someone.

Ive called back in and I’ve been in a queue for 45 minutes so far 😞

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

newapollo has touched on the best advice..

The faults IVR has numerous techniques to discourage you from calling & queuing. Pressing something for an online link, pressing something else for self-service, just ignore the lot.

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", then simply hold on and press nothing else. If the diagnostic test hangs up on you, redial immediately and repeat the process.

Unfortunately there is no online fault reporting, and it does sound like your box has died.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos