cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media no longer replacing Tivo boxes?

Rillington
Up to speed

A rumour is circulating on another forum that VM no longer replaces faulty/broken Tivo boxes. Is this true?

And if it is true, what are the implications for TV-only customers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rillington wrote:

A rumour is circulating on another forum that VM no longer replaces faulty/broken Tivo boxes. Is this true?

If you are a TV only customer, and the fault with your TiVo means it needs to be replaced, the options are to either upgrade to a bundle that includes Virgin Fibre with any appropriate offer that is acceptable and a current Virgin TV option, or to disconnect your TV service or all services if a new bundle can't be agreed upon.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

If true most likely they'll be replacing any broken TiVos with V6 boxes. Chances are that they've completely run out of replacement TiVo boxes and haven't got any option to get any replacements made

I believe that within the next couple of years having broadband will effectively become mandatory once VoIP gets rolled out proper and all TiVo boxes gradually get retired

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rillington wrote:

If you are a TV only customer, and the fault with your TiVo means it needs to be replaced, the options are to either upgrade to a bundle that includes Virgin Fibre with any appropriate offer that is acceptable and a current Virgin TV option, or to disconnect your TV service or all services if a new bundle can't be agreed upon.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

That's the problem with 360 box I just wanted TV can't have it you need BB as well so you paying for BB for nothing waste of money

The 360 box won't work properly without BB

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Posidon wrote:

The 360 box won't work properly without BB

Neither V6 nor TV360 (identical hardware) will work without VM broadband.

Otherwise, as per post#3 , if an existing TiVo TV-only customer has a fault needing box replacement, it will now be replaced with a V6 that needs VM broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for replies.

Many TV-only customers, such as myself, are happily contracted with other ISPs and as and when their Tivo box develops an issue or breaks would be forced to pay for two internet services or pay contract-break charges with their current ISP to be able to continue to receive television services from Virgin Media.

Therefore should the Tivo box break, and VM refuse to replace it, would customers either have to pay for a service they cannot receive or would they have to  pay VM's contract break charges?

I'm starting to get the view that this will be my final ever contract with Virgin Media as I am happily contracted to another ISP and I only want television services from VM so it looks like at the end of the contract, or if VM breaks the contract with an in-contract price increase, I'll be leaving for Sky.

Thank you for the reply Posidon, and this is why, as I said in my previous post, this is why I will almost certainly leave for Sky at the end of the contract after being a VM customer since before the days when Virgin Media even existed.

Hey Rillington, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about your TIVO issues.

We would replace the box for a like-for-like replacement if it was faulty. 

If we didn't have any spare TIVO boxes, we would replace it with a V6 box. 

Are you having some issues with your TIVO box? Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for your reply Matt.

I am not having any issues with the box. However I feel the need to know what the situation is regarding this issue as stated in my original post.