Menu
Jerry_Slocombe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Coaxial cable

Hi, I appreciate there are many Q&A about coax cables but ...

My Virgin cables are now 20 years old and are very stiff. My TV response time seems rather slow. Do the cables need replacing?

If so, is there a charge?

Also my lounge setup has change and I don't need the many metres of cable to TV and Internet. Can I cut them to fit? If not is there a charge to size them?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Coaxial cable

Hello

The coaxial cable is stiff by nature as it has a single core wire at the center, you cannot modify the cabling yourself as could cause noise to enter the system, only a VM engineer can do modifications if there is no fault it will be charged at £99 for the call out and work.

Coaxial cable can last a lot more than 20 yrs.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jerry_Slocombe
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike. You say that it can last more than 20 years. Does this mean it could also break down within 20 years? I don't suppose there's any way of testing so at £99 it seems we'll have to live with a large ball of Coax in the lounge. Thanks again
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

No cabling will not break down it will just totally fail my cable has been in place for at least 25 years pre virgin media in the days of Blue yonder still have old Blue yonder telephone socket.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos