Menu
Drewjones79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Boxsets

My on demand service seems to work on my v6 box but not on my regular TiVo?  Will i Need to upgrade this old box to a second v6 as i always seem to have problems with it. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Boxsets

What's happening when you try to use OnDemand/BoxSets on your TiVo? It works fine here - has the odd "moment" every now & again, but nothing serious.

0 Kudos
Drewjones79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Last night error message 408 but now it works. Not when i wanted to watch it but there we are. Hopefully it will still work when i go to watch it again later. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes, I get the same occasionally and I've seen a few posts on here from others. This error only seems to relate to IP-VOD shows (so Sky Cinema-HD, and several channels boxset content)

If that's the only problem you have with your TiVo then - as you say - trying again later usually works and I wouldn't be surprised if it relates to gremlins at the VOD end that get identified and squashed someday.

However... others will point out that V6 boxes are the future and over the next couple of years there will probably be increasing incentives to migrate TiVo boxes into V6.