cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Box

MattBurd
Joining in

Hi 👋🏻 

I have been having an issue with box where I am getting To be announced for all channels on the Guide. I found some old messages around this issue and followed those instructions through the Home- Help and Settings. 
it said it would take an hour or so to re-build but it now seems to be in a loop

Welcome

Starting Up 

Static Screen and so on

Any ideas?

I am also getting screenshot every so often

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said specifically what the instructions you followed, were... but I'm going to guess you have a V6 (rather than a TiVo) and have used the "clear all and delete recordings" reset option? That's not what I'd have suggested for a simple "to be announced" error, but all the same - you've probably done it now!

If that is what you've done, and your V6 is now stuck in a boot loop, then officially (as per sticky post ) your box will now need replacing. Many users have found success by doing the following..

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a furhter 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said specifically what the instructions you followed, were... but I'm going to guess you have a V6 (rather than a TiVo) and have used the "clear all and delete recordings" reset option? That's not what I'd have suggested for a simple "to be announced" error, but all the same - you've probably done it now!

If that is what you've done, and your V6 is now stuck in a boot loop, then officially (as per sticky post ) your box will now need replacing. Many users have found success by doing the following..

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a furhter 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Japitts,

ahh ok did not see that post re the way I tried to fix the issue. I originally also had a V210 error which was rectified by a simple reboot and thought it would also do the same for the Guide issue. I have tried to do the power button and + button reset, which I also tried originally, and I am still getting the boot loop….

I will speak to CS to see about getting it sorted. 
thanks

matt

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there MattBurd,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced with the TV box, can I ask are you stuck on starting up?

Also after time does the "To be announced" messages go?

Is the box connected to the internet?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi 👋🏻 

I have managed to sort now. 

thanks

matt

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What was the fix?

For the benefit of other users who may have similar issues - and also the curiosity of regular users.