Menu
MarkAH
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very poor customer service

I have been getting severe pixellation with my Tivo. It has been changed four times and all Tivo are refurbished and beyond working life and seen to have at least one faulty tuner. It is now getting ridiculous, I have spent hours on the phone to virgin, been hung up on and never get promised call backs. Does anybody know how to escalate a complaint...…..

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor customer service

Hello

Thank you for posting in the forum.

To make a complaint :- https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

I find it strange they have replaced you box four times, for what sounds like a signal issue, twice maybe butt third time is just not good I my opinion should have been looked at a higher level of tech.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Janieh20
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have you made a complaint?

0 Kudos
MarkAH
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have made a complaint. I also now have a fourth engineer visit scheduled. Remote checks indicate 2x faulty tuners on my current Tivo box. The last engineer reckons that faulty Tivo boxes which go in for refurb come out unfixed as the fault clears for several hours after powering down so it would pass all refurb tests and go back out into the system.

I am wondering how many times they will repeatedly swap the box before realising refurb kit is all faulty.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think the message here is to upgrade to a V6, I know it requires you to have broadband but at least you should get trouble free viewing, also as it seems you have been given sub standard tivos, I think they should the V6 without the usual fee.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
MarkAH
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I agree that is the solution, however as a Vodafone I get discounted Vodafone Broadband so I am reluctant to go down that path. I mentioned it to the customer services who seemed disinterested and quoted me full price not even the price offered to new customers. What is the benefit of being a loyal customer eh?

Markl 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you dont have a Virginmedia Broadband installed, I am afraid that the V6 will not have full function, as it needs a VM broadband connection to work fully.

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos