Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V87 error while streaming between boxes

I have had constant problems when streaming between my primary and secondary boxes. It's gradually gotten worse and now the program stops and buffers every 5/10 seconds for around 5 minutes then crashes completely and gives a V87 error code. This happens despite my network speeding being over 300mbps when it's happening. A full reset of all equipment helps for a short time then it happens again. Someone please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V87 error while streaming between boxes

Hi presario85, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with the boxes.

I've tried to run a health check today and it's currently showing the box as being offline, if you can please ensure this is on, then let me know and I can re-check 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting back to me. Both boxes are online and in fact, both are in use at the moment - this is actually another problem I've had where sometimes streaming between boxes bring up an error that the other box doesn't exist. 

Grateful if you could advise what I should do next.

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi presario85,

Thanks for coming back to us 🙂

We will need to book an engineer for you to come and have a look. I will pop you a private message asking for some account details and I can book this in for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thanks. There's no messages at the moment but I will keep an eye as I'm keen to have it resolved ASAP. 

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am also have this issue, after around 10/15 minutes it will disconnect and show the v87 error, I am almost immediately able to reconnect, just inconvenient, I had an engineer out recently too and installed new coax cable, everytime I ring the virgin media line the auto line check ALWAYS comes back with an error and that a signal is being sent down to my like but nothing ever seems to improve. 

Please help 😞 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryanf91, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered a similar issue. I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and I think I've identified the problem that's causing this. We may need to arrange a tech-visit to get it fixed, so I'm sorry for the inconvenience but look out my PM requesting some details (thee purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can get this sorted.

Tom

0 Kudos